Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Which is harder?

So being a mom is the hardest job ever right? It is the most rewarding job but it is also the most demanding. I have had the pleasure of being a mom for almost 2 years! For the 16 months of miss em's life I had the blessing of staying home. It was my dream job but it was hard... Now because of some financial situations I am back at work, working full time as a dental assistant. So which is harder... Being a stay at home mom or a working mom?

Being a stay at home mom had moments that made me feel down right sad! I was stuck at home all day with phone calls to my mom being the only adult interaction. I have always been a social person so this was something I struggled with. Don't get me wrong I loved being home with Emma watching her grow and not missing a single moment in her life. But it was lonely and the hours were long. Brian was working at a dealership and was gone way too much (I knew he was doing it for his girls so I tried to be positive and supportive) and miss Emma has never been a good sleeper (go back and read my post about spoiling) meaning I was up ALL day AND ALL night!

Now being a working mom I have 2 full time jobs. Emma and dental assisting. When she is teething (which she currently is) and up all might who is up all night with her? You guessed it... ME! (side note: Brian is a great hubby and father and does try to help but I can't sleep through crying anyway) then after very very little sleep I wake up bright and early to get me the hubs and baby all ready and out the door by 7:40 (my mom is a good lady and picks Emma up or else we would change that to 7) then I work usually 8.5 hours (depending on how busy we are) come home and pick right up on my mothering job.
Although I love the dentist office and the girls at work (I am making friends and having adult conversations!) it tears me apart to not be home with Emma. The only things holding me together are my husband who lets me vent to him then lovingly comforts me and knowing Emma is in the best hands possible... My mom!

So which is harder? Well I think it depends on the person. My mother in law enjoyed being a working mom so her answer would probably be different than mine but I would have to say being a working mom.

I hate thinking about leaving Emma and am so guilty, embarrassed and ashamed that I am working out of the home. Few people know I have this job and I guess this blog is a way for me to try to overcome my feelings of inadequacy. I am trying hard to bethe best I can be!

This isn't a forever thing and I am hoping and praying for the day I can return to the job I love most being a full time stay at home mom. I know I am doing what my family needs and we will be blessed. I know that heavenly father and Jesus Christ know how I feel and my needs... I know that trials make us strong and are for our good. I am trying to remain paoitive and faithful. I love my husband and daughter and I am so grateful forum dental assisting job but hands down... Nothing beats this job: being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment